Risk Factors for Stomach cancer disease:
1. Age - Generally older people after age 55 years are at greater risk of stomach cancer.
2. Gender - Men are twice at risk to develop stomach cancer than women.
3. Bacteria - Exposure to certain bacteria can increase the risk of cancer.
4. Genetics - Family history of stomach cancer promotes the risk.
5. Ethnicity - Stomach cancer is more common in black people, Hispanic and Asian people.
6. Smoking - Chain smoking promotes stomach cancer like conditions.
7. Diet - Taking a diet high in salt increases the risk of stomach cancer.
8. Previous surgery - Patients having a previous surgery are at higher risk.
9. Bad health - Not having a good health according to age.
10.Pollution - Pollution in the environment promotes Stomach cancer.
11. Chemical exposure - Overuse of chemicals and workplace exposure to asbestos, coal, metal, timber and rubber industries leads to stomach cancer.
12. Tobacco - Consumption of tobacco for a long time promotes cancer.
13. Alcohol - Drinking alcohol on a regular basis promotes stomach cancer.
14. Obesity - Excess body fat increases the risk of stomach cancer.